Sunday, June 8, 2008

Ants in my feet

Lillian was hopping up and down yelping the other night while getting ready for bed. After my inquiry, she told me that she had ants in her feet. She said they were all tingly and hurt. I explained that there were no ants and they were just asleep. She doesn't fully grasp the concept because then she said--oh, because I am too poky getting ready for bed? My feet fell asleep before I did!

we are adjusting to summer and it's more laid back schedule, but we have more work than ever!! Actually, now that the La Scala bar project is done and the house on 10Th street has refinished floors and renters now living there, we are not PSYCHO busy anymore, but still it's a bit crazy around here.

We are hosting a family reunion for a long July 4Th weekend and have a lot of garage cleaning out to do so we can turn it into a giant dining room. Our 4 car garage is MUCH bigger than our house and we can set up a nice dining room, IF we can move out the 13 years of accumulated ephemera and restaurant junk. Mom and dad very nicely bought us an extra fridge for the garage to hold all the food. We really need an extra fridge anyway between all the milk and produce being the fruits of our farm labor.

The garden is doing well. As huge as it is --about 3200 sq/ft, I could use more space!! We are already harvesting chard, lettuce, broccoli, and beets.

More later--Lily and I have to go pick chard for dinner and then take a dip!!

Mom is going to slip out tonight to see Sex and the City. Yippee!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

It's crazy-- I never lived there obviously-- but I kind of want to see inside that house on 10th street again.