Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A money job

The picture is of Lillian at the children's museum. She is brushing the dinosaur's teeth. We went down to Indy on the day before Thanksgiving to get Paco's prints done for his citizenship app and meet our friends Wes, Mary and baby Wesley for lunch and a museum date.



Well, Trouble has stayed in the barn, so far. She has not sat on her relocated nest. We will see. We will do our best to protect her, but I respect her wanderlust. I told Lillian I wanted to write a book for kids about Trouble that would make me a million, billion dollars. She said good "then you will have a money job like me and Daddy!" She, of course, has her egg business and Daddy the restaurant, and mom?, what does she do??



Lillian has grown so much lately that Paco and I had to make an emergency run to Once Upon a Child (thankfully they exist) and buy her new sneakers. She has also grown a lot emotionally and developmentally. She knows almost all her letters by sight now. She loves school and is much more socially confident. As last year, she is so excited about Christmas she is going to pop. She has helped decorate due to her fervent belief that Santa's measure of you is greatly influenced by your Christmas decorations.



We will have the La Scala Holiday party this week and she has a $7 (!) party dress. Unlike past years, this budget friendly party will be a carry-in of desserts and appetizers.



I am having a little trouble getting in the holiday mood. I don't think it is the economy, but that doesn't help. Everything seems to be flying by so fast. Everyday Lily and I try to do something holiday related. Over the weekend, we made soap together for presents. That was fun.



I have started a knitting group through GLAM and it has gone very well. We have our second mtg next Monday. And, I am almost done with knitted gifts. I am on the last hat!! After that I am going to make myself a felted bag with Noro Kureyon. Yippee!!

Gotta go, time to wake up the troops. Paco an I are going to take our Lily free morning and buy each other stocking stuffers so we have something to open on Xmas morn. No grown-up presents this year. Thanks again W!!

No comments: