Thursday, December 13, 2007

growing


Lillian has suddenly shot up. I measured her and she has gained a 1/2 inch since summer. We went out today and got a new pair of jeans since she only has one pair that is not flood pants. The picture is of her with her first pigtails. As you can see, these just barely qualify. She has been growing her hair so she can have pigtails for 6 months now. I prefer her hair short, but she has her own ideas now.


We are having such a nice and calm holiday season. The La Scala party was last weekend and went very well. We baked 12 dozen cookies and I did not eat a one! Lillian did all the sprinkles, as is tradition. Last year's cookies had mountains of sprinkles and this year's had 3 or 4 carefully placed sprinkles. What a difference a year makes. This is her minimalist year.
After 2 bouts of antibiotics, she still has white blotches on her enormous tonsils. She was home form school on Wednesday, but seems to be feeling good (still white blotches) and will be in school tomorrow. She is on Chinese herbs now and that seems to be helping. We see the naturopath, Dr. Lightstone tomorrow to get the results of her food allergy testing. I hope their is something there that helps.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I tried stevia and ended up giving it away. My results were NOT GOOD. I would love to know how you worked it out!

I would also LOVE to see that growing girl-- and the rest of you, too!