Thursday, May 31, 2007

Overheard


Over the last few days I have heard Lillian repeating to her babydoll, Rosie, things she hears often from me.


Yes or No!
when I want Lillian to actually answer a yes or no question with more than blabber


Talk Louder! I can't hear you.


when Lillian (with her naturally quiet way of speaking) makes requests from the backseat--especially since my ears have been plugged up!

So, I know that my daughter is learning how to navigate some of the more annoying points of toddler parenting as well as the rewarding ones.


The picture is Lillian wearing my wedding veil. She saw the Little Bear and Emily getting married episode so now she is marrying everyone and anybody. We found the veil when we were upstairs attempting to organize "nanny's room" aka the guest room and mommy's sewing room. (Not that mommy does much sewing.)

Right now our big thing is swimming. She officially learned how to swim last summer, but this summer she is a fish. She will float on her back, swim on her back and even jump in (with a little help.) I was very unsure that pool was worth the investment, but now I am so happy we have it. It is such a great way for her to use her energy and it is something we can all do together. It is especially great for me with the asthma and fibromyalgia. I am so proud of her bravery. I remember how terrified I was to swim.


No comments: