Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bootiful Tummy

This will be a scattered post. I have several things to report from the last few days.



Now that Lillian understands the whole tummy/baby connection and that mommy's tummy is not strong enough to hold a growing baby, she has decided that she will grow us a baby brother in her tummy. She has assured me that her tummy is very strong and that she is up to the job. I explained to her that her body is too small to really accomplish this feat and that it takes a very long time to grow a baby in your tummy. What a wonder!!



I remarked to her the other day that she is very beautiful. I don't say things like this too much. She is remarkably beautiful and hears it ALL the time wherever we go. She is fed up with it. PLUS I don't want her sense of self to be entwined with her outside appearance anymore than it has to be, but I am sometimes overwhelmed by this beautiful creature who is my daughter and it slips out. She replied
It takes a long time to be as bootiful as me.



We went discount shopping at Big Lots for a birthday present we needed for the weekend. As always, we found more than we came for, including some plastic farm animals and some jumbo Lincoln logs. I remembered my own Lincoln logs and was sold. Anyway, we came home to set-up our farm and had a blast. After we built our Lincoln log farm, Lillian sorted all the animals into family groups and was quite vexed to only have 2 chickens. Of course, she wants each family unit to have a mommy, daddy, and baby because she is modeling us. We solved the problem, by having the chickens have a duck daddy and then we were fine.

No comments: