Thursday, June 7, 2007

How does your garden grow?


Paco, Lil and I spent an hour after dinner yesterday pulling weeds and getting the flower bed around the fence and under the crab apple in shape. A job I had been dreading was a lot of fun when we all did it together. Lillian is a superb gardener! She was making sure not to pull the wrong thing and having a lot of fun. This was especially remarkable since she already should have been in bed. She was in such a good mood though that I just let us all ride the wave of it.


She said
mom, i love working in the garden. sometimes i find something beautiful and keep it for a little while and then put it back.


I showed her an immature apple that had fallen off the tree and she put it in her pocket so it wouldn't get cold. We also saw a cocoon and Lillian told me the story of the Very Hungry Caterpillar.



The picture is from Lillian's expanded garden several weeks ago. It is much fuller now and her lilies are blooming.

No comments: