Monday, June 25, 2007

Catching Up


Well, I am not going to attempt to cover everything I've missed, but I am up early and do have a chance to do this. We've been super busy lately since I am on a home projects rampage. Lil and I have been working hard upstairs. I've made new curtains for her room finally and we added some more wall decor and organized her closets. We have been centrealizing all of outr craft stuff to the guest room and getting that organized. The craft stuff has been the final phase of the move. Until now, it has been all over the house. Lillian and I have been trying to put the stuff to good use too. I have been showing her some different media--especially pastels.


Lillian is campaigning hard for a sibling. She spent a good 10 minutes the other evening at bedtime telling me how much she wants a baby brother and all the things she will teach him. She has offered again to grow one in her tummy. I think I finally convinced her that just won't work so she says she will find another lady to grow one. I told her that a baby brother is a project for mom and dad to work on right now and even if we don't get one we will be a happy family.


Paco and I are talking about going through foster parent training this fall and perhaps fostering to adopt. I need to get my very carefully worded story straight to explain this to Lillian in the right way.


Lillian is super-excited right now about the impending arrival of Nanny & Grampy and her birthday party. Paco and I have been teasing her and telling her we had no idea she wanted a sandbox for her birthday and that's not what she is getting.


We have been swimming a lot too--when it hasn't been pouring. We ares o proud of her swimming, She has come a long way since last summer. We presented her with a BRAVO ribbon from the dollar store. The morning we gave it to her, she proudly wore it to the grocery store.


Lillian and I also went to Hands on Trucks at the Imagination Station a few weeks ago. Paco was at the restaurant fixing the toaster oven unfortunately, because this would have been a great event for the 2 of them. Lillian checked out the City Bus, trash truck, and fire truck. She also proudly told the lady manning the Mobile Library that her mom helped make it. Then we left--way to many sirens for Lillian. The picture is of her in the trash truck--by far her favorite. She was gleefully reciting bits from Trashy Town. "Dump it in, smash it down, drive around the trashy town."

No comments: